Working with Stepfamilies June 1, 2011
In this one day workshop, learn how to work more effectively with Stepfamilies. The workshop is based on In Step, by Nancy Landrum and Mary Ortwein and published by IDEALS. The strategies also can work within the context of RE Therapy, as presented in Mastering the Mysteries of Step-families by Nancy Landrum, Mary Ortwein, and Bernard Guerney, Jr.
Cost of workshop is $95 with 6 CE, $55 without CE, FREE to full time mental health students.
To register or for specific questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-227-0055.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe how 10 Stumbling Blocks common to stepfamilies create a dynamic which requires different therapy interventions from lst time families
- Provide activities which help stepparents strengthen relationships with their children and stepchildren.
- Coach RE dialogues to help couples resolve stepfamily issues.
6 CE Agenda:
Review of research based information about stepfamily dynamics
10 Stumbling Blocks for Stepfamilies
Strategies for Strengthening Bonds
- Couple bonds
- Parent-biological child bonds
- Stepparent-stepchild bonds
Strategies for Resolving Difficult Problems
- Role of the “Ex”
- Grieving children
Coaching Couple Dialogues